Witchy Pillow with Happy Hauntings & BBTB2


Hello everyone, it is another Bitten by the Bug 2 Monday!  I had the pleasure of selecting this week's challenge cut and I chose the FLYING WITCH from the HAPPY HAUNTINGS cartridge!  I love the intensity of this witch's posture - she has "purpose" written all over her.  She must have some Halloween spells to cast or witch's brew to create!


I decided to create home decor project with the witch cut - best of all a reusable project that I can pull out year after year!   I used home decor fabric leftovers from my crafting closet along with Silhouette's FLOCKED HEAT TRANSFER MATERIAL to craft my pillow. 

I placed a 9 x 9 inch square of the flocked heat transfer material onto my cutting mat and cut the witch image at 8 inches.  Following the instructions on the package, using a pressing cloth I ironed the flocked cut onto a square of home decor fabric.   I will add that it took me a few tries to get the hang of how hot the iron had to be and how long the iron had to sit in the same position for the bonding to occur. 




Next I took out my I-Rock tool and assorted color I-Rock gems and bedazzled my witch cut.  I used the hot I-Rock tool edge to outline the cape edges so that gem placement would be easier.  The heated line also defined the areas more clearly.  For those who did not know, I-Rock is great for setting gems onto fabric as well as cardstock/paper. 

Using the leftover home decor fabric from my office window treatments, I was able to sew together this great Halloween home decor pillow.  I photographed the pillow on my bed, simply because it photographed well in that location.  In reality the witch pillow has a spot of honor in an occasional chair in the great room.



Be sure to take time to visit the BBTB2 blog and check out all of the great witchy projects the design team put together!  Also, you may want think about joining the Bitten by the Bug 2 team in this week's challenge and create your own great Witchy project.  If you do not own the Happy Hauntings cartridge, feel free to use a witch from another cartridge in order to join the fun. 


*        *        *        *        *

I will be back later in the week with some fun projects to share.  In the mean time, please remember that I am now a Close to My Heart consultant and would love to help you learn to use the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and stamp sets. 



Also please remember that the deadline for ordering your Stamp of the Month, Holiday Magic set is fast approaching.  The stamp set retails for $17.95 but you can order it for $5.00 with any $50 order, but only it is only available until October 31st!!!

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days