A Damask Decor Pumpkin Card


This is a card that I have been planning to make for quite some time.  I first spied this awesome pumpkin cut on the Damask Decor cartridge last spring and I just knew I had to use this cut to create a fall themed card.  And what a wait it has been!  There is a basic two layer Damask pumpkin cut and a four layer pumpkin without the Damask flourish on this cartridge.  I decided to merge the two pumpkin cuts for my card.

I used the basic Damask cut for the background - cream cardstock on rusty orange cardstock.  I then cut three of the four individual pumpkin layers and applied them over top of the cream pumpkin cut.


The three layered pumpkin was cut in a solid pumpkin color (bottom layer), a green print layer (middle layer - the stem and leaves show at the top), and a white and orange print (top layer).  I thought the pumpkin still needed something so I used pumpkin color smoochies on the orange cardstock on the bottom layer.  I painted smoochies around the edges and inside the cuts on the front. 

I finished the card with a brown ribbon behind the pumpkin and a second brown ribbon tied to the stem, and a smoochie painted tag.  I cut the tag with George and Basic Shapes.  I then painted it with two colors of smoochies.... pumpkin and bronze.  I used two Close to my Heart stamps, the word cherish and the star, on the tag.  I added white doodles to the tag and the damask layer. 


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow to share a CLOSE TO MY HEART stamp and Art Philosophy project.  And the blog is going to change focus for the rest of the week and sneak in a few Christmas projects - since it will be here before we know it!!


Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days