HOLLY CHRISTMAS CARD WITH CTMH


It's  Close to my Heart Wednesday here at Busy with the Cricky and this week I am sharing a Christmas card project created with the Art Philosophy cartridge and CTMH's A Holiday, #A1115, stamp set .   A Holiday, as I mentioned last Wednesday, is one of the seventeen additional stamp sets that coordinate with the Art Philosophy cartridge. 

The most difficult aspect of this card was selecting cardstock.  Seriously, I had a difficult time deciding which paper to use.  It is a rainy day here in South Carolina and by the way my day is going it should have been a Monday!  I have only managed to accomplish two things today - a bit of cleaning and this card.  Oh wait, I DID make one of my favorite comfort food dinners, Chicken and Dumplings, made with some of the leftovers from yesterday's roaster chicken.  Even that is not as good a usual.  Which of course makes no sense as I always make it the same way.  So yes, I am having an off day and selecting paper was a challenge today!


I finally remembered that I had this fabulous Teresa Collins holly print cardstock, along with other TC holiday/Christmas prints!  Thank you, Teresa, for being a life saver!  Between TC and other prints from my stash, I was finally able to move forward with the card.

Finally I cut my card elements - the holly at 2 1/4 inches and 1 3/4 inches each.  The tag shapes were also from Art Philosophy as were the background shaped mats.   I used Just Because Cards to cut the base card.


I used Avocado Green Stampin' Up ink to stamp the holly leaves and the Merry Christmas greeting.


I used the same ink and generic Christmas sentiment stamp for the inside of my card.  I also stamped the CTMH holly stamps again on the inside. And I still have plenty of space for a personal note.


For more information on the Art Philosophy cartridge visit Melanie's CTMH website.  Be sure to check out this additional stamp set, A Holiday, while you are at Melanie's site.  This little stamp set is a steal at $6.95!


Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new Christmas project to share.  I will be using a new technique for the first time.  Be sure to stop back and see how I do.

Followers

Pageviews Last 7 Days